Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A little early


I've started making Christmas stuff for my family out of all recycled or hand made things. I started this project in order to save money AND to make a memorable gift for the recipient. My first project is almost completed- it's a fused plastic bag apron for my mom. We bake together a lot and she seems to get flour EVERYWHERE. So I figure that she could use an apron that repels flour. Seeing how we have a giant pile of unused plastic bags from all the times that we forgot the reusable bags in the car (I refuse to throw them away) I decided to make an apron for dear old mum. I do need to note in the gift though that its an apron for baking prep only. The last thing I need on my chest is my mom going up in flames and melted plastic.






I tried to keep a "country" feel to the apron by fusing different types of plastic into a quilt pattern for the two front pickets. I also made it a little kitzy by adding some old buttons that I had laying around.

Now for my other project....
Meet my cat Baby. I've noticed how much she sleeps when winter comes around. Also, I've realized that my cat, Baby, is getting pretty old. Shes about 11 now and I want to make her something comfortable for her to sleep on this winter. She normaly sleeps nexy to my head during the night- but that jump into my bed is getting a little rough. My dog has a crappy old bed that I'm going to revamp into a kitty pillow for her- hopefully she will like it. If not one of the two other cats will!






No comments:

Post a Comment